YUM vs Smart vs Apt-Get

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Dec 8 00:26:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:51 +0200, Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> At the end of the debate, I would like to get a public consensus and
> commtiment against a standard method for package management. What is
> important about this is basic security and stability of Fedora based systems
> which includes Redhat Enterprise and Centos releases.
>
> By getting feedback from real world users and developers in an open debate
> perhaps shortcommings and strengths of all three systems would be discussed
> based on real world working experience as opposed to theoretical self
> congratulations that developers are prone to getting used to the product that
> they've developed.

In that case, it is worth doing your homework, if you haven't.  Much of
your original email contained arguments that I think have been addressed
on fedora-devel-list.  Some reasoned Google searches (yum versus apt-get
site:redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list) should turn up list threads.

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org