Fedora Weekly News Issue 88

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 21 09:38:04 UTC 2007

Sorry, extremely tiring weekend and I literally fell asleep at the
keyboard.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge two things:

1. The quality and quantity of content has been increasing greatly for
FWN; great, great job everyone

2. The editing of the writing, not as much

I'm seeing the same kind of mistakes and incomplete editing week over
week.  It is my desire to squash these mistakes that keeps me coming
back for editing.

Please review the changes that I made to your beat this week.   Go to
the page and use the "Info" link, then check a diff against your last
writing.  For example:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/Development?action=info

If you have any questions as to why a change was made, please bring the
discussion to this list so we can all benefit.

Unfortunately, my changes arrived too late for publication, meaning that
our FWN for this week was again full of grammar errors, confusing
punctuation, misspellings, word mis-usage, inconsistencies, and hard to
understand and translate idioms.

Fortunately, most people won't be deeply bothered by it. ;-)  The
overall quality of writing and breadth of coverage more than make up for
any small inconsistencies.  Still, it would be good for us to continue
improving in editorial quality, reaching for a certain level and keeping
that up, week over week.

cheers - Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project