fedora-xen list news draft

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 2 21:43:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 12:24 -0400, Oisin Feeley wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:22:37 -0700, "Dale Bewley"
> <dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu> said:
> > Any comments on my structure/methodology so far? Some threads can get
> > quite detailed and I'm sure it's not expected that they all get the same
> > level of treatment for FWN.
>
> Yes, it's a difficult problem. Probably erring on the side of concision
> is the answer.  It's very hard to do though as some technical nuances
> really can't be expressed concisely without completely butchering the
> argument/discussion and I struggle constantly with it for the
> Development beat. I just edited what you've saved so far and have some
> minor comments:
>
> 1. It's great. You're using voice and tense correctly.  It reads
> smoothly and it's not too long.
> 2. I think that in general the actual URL references should go below
> each paragraph in which they are cited. This makes it easier for readers
> scrolling down the screen to not have to scroll down and then back up.
> (Obviously this doesn't apply with the HTML version on the wiki, but I
> suspect significant numbers of people read the plaintext mailshot.)
> 3. Fedora project email lists should be referred to as @whatever-list
> 4. Again, it's great.  Thank you.

Thanks for all the feedback. It looks much better.

Should names generally be listed as wiki links by default even if they
don't have accounts?

It seems easier and more future proof to err on the side of linking all
the names that aren't obviously irrelevant (Steve Jobs etc). No? A lot
of red can get annoying though. I didn't find anything in the style
guide, but the wiki is pretty slow today.

It's going to be a busy Aug and Sept for me with some vacations etc, but
I'll try not to disappoint too terribly. :)