Special issue #140

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 13:11:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Chris Tyler <chris at tylers.info> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 15:53 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Chris Tyler wrote:
>> > (Who still hasn't received the Aug 22 mail from Paul, ???!)
>>
>> Those who are not subscribed to the Fedora lists.
>>
>> To me, this is more transparency, which is a good thing.
>
> Ok, that sounds reasonable, but why repost the speculation and guesses?
> Why mention the Debian thing, and switching from DSA to RSA (neither of
> which apply here)? That just muddies the situation and will leave people
> with the wrong impressions.
>
> -Chris

I agree with Chris I 'perused' the current copy and the first words
that alarmed me were 'modification of a kernel'. Despite the fact that
it's a note, which should at best be a link the casual reader will
assume someone modified a Fedora kernel, pushed it out, and that will
cause hysterics. I see no need to mention Debian's problems.