Special issue #140

Jeffrey Tadlock jeffreyt at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 14:00:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> You were not allowed to create DSA keys even before a couple of months
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/540
>
> That indeed was a response to the Debian issue but let's not mix these.

Ah, you are right.  I checked my IRC logs and it was said the change
happened near the FAS2 upgrade, which I read as during this most
recent outage upgrade.

David is right though, the change is now going to affect more people
which will generate questions.  So the disallowing of DSA keys is
still relevant and informative to people who might be uploading keys.

~Jeffrey