Following up with beat writers

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Mon Jul 7 19:31:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:16:02 -0400, "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco at nd.edu>
said:
> Thanks Rahul!
>
> What I might suggest we do for those beats that don't have any updates
> for an issue is to explicitly either include them in the ToC for the
> issue, or, to mark the beat as complete on the Beat page [1] even though
> there is no content.  Then we know that the writer has worked on the
> beat for that issue.
>
> Opinions?

It would be ideal if the Beat author would mark the table as complete.
Less work for us, keeps the responsibility with the primary content
producer (who is the one that knows best what the situation is).  All we
have to do is to clear the table after each issue is posted out.

I don't think I understand why we would include empty beats in a ToC or
am I misunderstanding? Would be sending out a newsletter that has
multiple empty sections with headings for them and a piece of stub-text
saying "nothing this week"?

--
  Oisin Feeley
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OisinFeeley