interested also linuxworld

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 31 20:01:58 UTC 2008

----- "Oisin Feeley" <oisinfeeley at imapmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:36:32 -0700, "Pascal Calarco"
> <pcalarco at nd.edu>
> said:
> > Hi Dale --
> >
> > Thanks for volunteering!  From my perspective, it would be nice to
> have
> > a Features section where we can highlight occasional longer
> > contributions like this on an occasional basis.
>
> I think that's the cleanest solution and if there are no strong
> objections we should just go ahead and add it. The only possible
> objections that I can see would be if we increased the length of the
> bulletin too much, or if we diluted the current feel, which is
> roughly
> "stuff that happened on public lists and blogs of the Fedora Project
> during the past week." I'm not bothered by either of those though and
> am
> thrilled that Dale is thinking of doing this.

Well, that was kind of my thought process. I've always enjoyed being able to read summaries of what took place on the various Fedora lists to get a feel for what's happening in the project overall.

So, I thought I could maybe take a whack at summarizing some of the posts to the fedora-xen list to help me grok the status and hopefully others as well.

Fedora support for Xen dom0 is in flux to say the least. It's possible it won't be in F10, and there are some out there like me who require it given the hardware (without HVM) we are using.

It's a pretty low traffic list. I'm interested in oVirt too, but have yet to get involved with it. Virtualization is a pretty hot topic. I don't know if it could be it's own beat, but it is a multifaceted feature.

I could always blog about it and go the planet route. I have yet to get added to a group in FAS, so I don't yet have shell to hold a .planetrc. I should look into that first, I suppose.

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3