Getting ready for publication

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 21:49:37 UTC 2008

Hi all,

As your interim editor, I'm taking a look at getting this week's issue
out, and thinking about next week.

This week:

Target for publication is some time late Monday June 2, or early Tuesday
June 3, Eastern Time.  The goal is that people will see it when they
check over their Fedora stuff on Tuesday morning.

I think that may be a day later than what Thomas usually did (I think he
was Monday morning) but my time zone shift along with LinuxTag just made
it impossible to do it any sooner than that.

I'm trying to see which Beats have currently been submitted -- aside
from what was mentioned on the list here -- but I'm having trouble
accessing the wiki right now -- a bunch of proxy errors.

It's about midnight local time for me, so I'm going to set this aside
and pick it up first thing in the morning.

Next week:

I guess we'll pretty much do the same thing as this past week.

A QUESTION:

What is the Beats/Overview page's purpose/function?  I can't figure it
out.  I am dumb.

The Future:

I'll be posting a call for writers and a Fedora News Editor in Chief on
my blog and a few lists.

Before I do that... does anyone on this list who is already Part of the
Crew want to step up for the EiC job?

Then, we need to have a serious conversation about what the future
infrastructure of Fedora News looks like, and how we can get there ASAP.
That probably calls for a separate IRC meeting, right?

Let's start picking times...

Thanks for all your work this week.  I'm glad we're going to get
something published, even if it's a shorter issue than normal.

--Max