New news subscriber

Pascal Vincent Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Tue Jun 3 12:33:38 UTC 2008

Hi folks --

I joined the list as it looks like some help is needed to contribute to
Fedora Weekly News.  I am willing to help out in any of the areas, and
could cover the Fedora marketing happenings, if there is still a need there.

I am a Librarian and manager of a nine-person department that provides
core enterprise computing services for the University of Notre Dame
Libraries and three other college libraries in our consortium.  We
support and advance about 15 RHEL servers running proprietary and open
source applications for the Libraries, and have 10 of these servers in a
small GFS farm for redundancy and business continuity.  Personally, I
have been a daily Fedora user since 2003, and have used Red Hat Linux,
Mandrake/Mandriva, SUSE, Ubuntu and Fedora Core/Fedora at various points
since 1996 or so.  I currently am running Fedora 7 on myT40p Thinkpad as
my daily computing environment.  I am also a Fedora Ambassador, and
serve local and regional linux events in South Bend, IN and the midwest.

  - pascal

Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS
Head, Library Systems
University Libraries of Notre Dame/