microblog accounts

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Nov 23 17:54:46 UTC 2008

Suggestion came across the desk to have Fedora News accounts for
useful microblogging services, i.e., identi.ca and twitter.com.

Naturally, we prefer identi.ca, but there are a few good reasons to
grab the twitter.com name as well.  For example, identi.ca for this
account is now configured to copy updates to twitter.com.  That way we
can use the identi.ca/fedoranews account exclusively for ...

* Ongoing Fedora news updates
* News flashes projected on walls at FUDCon and other events
* All the other stuff people use these tools for :)

... while using just the open source, open content tooling directly,
but supporting our Twitter using friends at the same time.

I grabbed and configured the two accounts.  Currently the email is
sent to me (no alerts configured to email, though); this is because
I've failed in the past by setting a mailing list as the account,
thereby sending password reset notices to the world.

http://identi.ca/fedoranews
http://twitter.com/fedoranews

From here, I think we should share the accounts as a group usage so
that people working on Fedora News and Fedora Magazine have access to
push *any* updates.  Then we advertize the identi.ca link in FWN,
etc. and see if people use it. :)

Any other ideas?

Who all should have access to the account?

Any better idea on what to do for email?  (E.g., is there a privately
archived address FWN uses at all?)

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41