Thought: FWN Weekly digest and tranlations

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Thu Oct 30 18:26:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:38:54 +0530, "Huzaifa Sidhpurwala"
<huzaifas at redhat.com> said:

> Hi All,
>  I was speaking with a couple of people on #fedora-devel, When some one
> asked me if it is possible to have translations for fedora weekly news.
>
> On thinking about this, i realised that considering the weekly nature of
> the task, translating it is almost impossible,
> I am thinking if we could have a monthly digest of fedora news and that
> could be translated with some help from the translation team.
>
> This would involve a little bit more work for the editors. We need to
> choose main topics of the month and put a monthly edition together.
>
> And see if we can get any contribution translators to get on it.
>
> What do you guys think?

I think you are right about a monthly edition making more sense. I'm not
sure that I would have enough time to contribute in a significant manner
to editing however.

It would be easier for the original writers to produce compact versions
of a column or two than for someone else to have to look over all the
output for a month, choose the pieces of interest and then summarize
them. I could probably produce a shortened version of a couple of items
that seemed significant.  But, that's asking for more work from
contributors. I think that in the absence of enthusiasm for this then it
would probably not succeed.

Best wishes,
--
  Oisin Feeley