Dormant beats

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 15:00:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Josh Bressers wrote:

> I find this thread a bit annoying.  My beat has been dormant for quite
> a while, due to many many other things going on right now.  Now if
> someone wanted to take it over I wouldn't complain, but on the same
> note, nobody has contacted me asking if it's abandoned (which it's
> not, just on vacation).
>
> I'd suggest you con tat the beat authors before you start giving away
> their beats.

I figured that was the obvious first step that anyone doing a "checking
on dormant beats" task would make.  I apologize for not stating it
explicitly, I just assumed that anyone who was going to inventory
dormant beats would be smart enough to first contact the current beat
owner.

That's just simple common sense/courtesy, IMHO!

--Max