Zikula needs

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sun Aug 2 19:59:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Nicu Buculei wrote:

>> * Would you want to produce a continuous feed, or have a regular
>>    publication date?
>
> For the reasons above, I think a regular date is better.

Here's my vision for the Grand Future:

* Weekly News that is similar to what we currently do, but using Zikula.

* Special Features that are published "as they are ready" with some
advanced planning leading up to the releases.  Basically make the
in-depth-feature work that we do a part of this, and also maybe have
some interviews or other cool things that get spread here and there
during the release cycle.  Maybe once or twice a month.

Thoughts?

>> * Are there wish-list features in publishing the wiki doesn't offer
>>    that the Zikula CMS might provide?  (RSS, community story
>>    submission, others...)
>
> By far RSS is the most important.

An emphatic +1.  From a technology point of view, nothing is more
important to any Fedora Information Distribution Project than RSS.

--Max