Using Package name space in markup

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 13 20:21:20 UTC 2009

----- "Oisin Feeley" <oisinfeeley at imapmail.org> wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> In your latest beat I notice (e.g. the link to cobbler[1]) you're
> using
> the package namespace to link directly to PackageDB for information.
> like it (because I think PackageDB provides good info and thus it's
> more
> useful than the suggested markup) but it's not what the WikiEditing
> guide seems to recommend[2]. Has there been some change in policy
> within
> Docs which your usage is reflecting?

I've actually been doing it for a little while[1] and meant to bring it up on the list for discussion. I should have done that sooner.

I've been trying to be somewhat consistent by trying to use the {{package}} template for the first mention of a package in a news story and using the standard <code> wrapper for any further mention in that same subsection. This just to keep the number of graphic icons down.

I also try to use {{bz}} template for bugzilla tickets, but I think there are a couple different templates for bugzilla. I think the more hyperlinks FWN uses to entice readers deeper into the projet the better and more useful it becomes.

Any other thoughts on the use of {{package}} and other templates?
Are there any other useful templates we might consider?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue155#Virtualization
--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3