[Fwd: [LONG] The fonts SIG irregular status report]

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Tue Jan 27 20:17:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:35:05 -0500, "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco at nd.edu>
forwarded a message from Nicolas Mailhot:

> (20:16:33) ***nim-nim also wonders how long FWN is going to ignore more than
> a hundred packages are being changed, changes that will eventually reach
> users
> (20:16:59) jds2001: send a note to em.
> (20:17:32) jds2001: news-members at fp.o should get all of em.

Updates and direction from concerned parties are always welcome at FWN.
I'll try to incorporate some of this material for FWN#161 unless Nicu
feels he wants to have a shot at it in the Artwork section? Previously
as Nicu points out we have recently carried some information on the
changes with fonts[1][2] and we're happy to carry more.  A polite prod
when we've missed an obvious area of coverage is useful.  Thank you
Nicolas.

We used to have a Fonts beat writer and it would probably be worth
trying to get a replacement as there's obviously a lot of activity to
cover.  Pascal: another item for the IRC meeting agenda? "Recruit Fonts
beat writer."

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue153#Fonts_Survey
2.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue157#Font_Package_Naming_Guidelines