virt for 161

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Sat Jan 31 23:00:43 UTC 2009

----- "Oisin Feeley" <oisinfeeley at imapmail.org> wrote:
> > /me ponders downloading the mailing list archives and "wiki editing"
> offline...
>
> That's frequently what I do.  The pain is that although it's nice to
> use
> (e.g. mutt or Thunderbrid) to thread the message nicely for reading,
> it
> becomes a pain to put in any http links to the online archives
> afterwards.  I don't suppose anyone has a neat solution for that?

I typically work on FWN via the web archives. I'm often behind in my normal mail client, so that's 90% of where I read the messages actually.

Here is what I did so I could work last night.

#!/bin/bash
ROOT=/home/dlbewley/work/fedora/fwn
LISTS='fedora-virt fedora-xen libvir-list ovirt-devel et-mgmt-tools'
for list in $LISTS; do
	echo "# getting list $list"
	wget -N -P $ROOT -r -l1 https://www.redhat.com/archives/$list/2009-January/thread.html
done

Copy and paste the file:/// URLs then translate them at the end. Woulda been nice to have mediawiki on my laptop so I could preview my edits...

I'm at a hotspot now, so I'll update my beat shortly.
--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3