Stepping down from FWN for at least 6 months

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:12:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 02:04:27PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 16:49 -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> > Oisin, you will be sorely missed; you have done a wonderful job with the
> > Development beat and as primary editor.  It has been great working with
> > you and I hope things settle down such that you'll be able to rejoin us.
> >
> > I can take editing duties over reliably until the beginning of July, and
> > then go on vacation for 2-3 weeks, where I am completely off the grid
> > for this time, but other than that I should be able to hold down the fort.
>
> Seconded! I can try to help out with editorial duties if needed.

I made a special note in the FWN links I send out internally at Red
Hat, in case anyone there is interested in taking over on a
longer-term basis.  Can I ask the other editors to post blog entries
calling for someone to try to fill Oisin's sizable shoes?

Oisin, thank you for your exceptional work on FWN.  You have helped
many, many people over these past months and you have all of our
gratitude!