FWN on Fedora Insight: roll up meeting

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Wed Sep 30 02:10:51 UTC 2009

News Team (and Mel) --

I attended the marketing team meeting today, and we discussed Fedora
Insight, and FWN on FI[1].  I have some updates, and a request, for you.

The Docs team is currently working on getting a WYSIWYG editor packaged
with Zikula for Fedora Insight, and this should be in place within the
next few dates, if all goes well.

Both Dale and I have been experimenting with FWN on Fedora Insight over
the last few weeks, and have identified a couple needs to help make
workflow as easy as possible for adding, editing and approving content
on Fedora Insight:

1) Need for an HTML-aware WYSIWYG editor within Fedora Insight; wiki
markup won't work on Fedora Insight, and so we need to add references in
news articles as HTML <a href="..."></a>  for example.  Dale has also
noted[2] that it would be really useful to be able to easily reference
mediawiki objects like User, Package, etc.  We'll have to see how we can
tailor the WYSIWYG editor with shortcuts to these, if at all.

2) Need to create subcategories under FWN; I have gone in and created
news categories for each beat corresponding to the active beats we
currently have.

3) Extended timeout value for Zikula so beat writers aren't logged off
while they are entering news items;

Now, Fedora Insight is going to launch on October 14th, which is a
Wednesday, and we hope to have the first FWN issue available on Fedora
Insight the following Monday, on October 19.  To be ready for this, we
need to have all beat writers take some time to get into the test Zikula
site and familiarize ourselves with it.

Please read over the Fedora Insight pages[3] and then establish a FAS
account on the test system[4] and ask to be added to the CMS_admin group
in the test FAS instance[5]

Okay, next, I'd like to have a Fedora News IRC meeting, sometime next
week or the first part of the following week, prior to October 14th.
I've set a Doodle poll up so we can register when we would be available
to meet on IRC.  When you have a chance, please look at your schedule
and respond:

http://www.doodle.com/hxcyxir4uuubc73k

Okay, that's enough to get us started.  Questions or comments?  Thanks all!

  - pascal

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-September/msg00173.html
[2]