missing camlp4 for my package wyrd

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Jul 7 23:11:08 UTC 2008

Hiyas,

today I was notified that my package wyrd does not build anymore for Fedora
Rawhide, because the package camlp4 cannot be found anymore. When I search
for it at koji, I cannot find any evidence, that it ever existed. Was it
removed because of camlp5? I tried to compile wyrd with camlp5, but it fails:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=701349&name=build.log

cd curses &&
ocamlc.opt -ccopt " -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DCURSES_HEADER=\<ncursesw/curses.h\> -DCURSES_TERM_H=\<term.h\> -DHAVE_WIDE_CURSES=1 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -fPIC -DPIC" -c
ml_curses.c
ocamlopt.opt -c -pp camlp4o -I ./curses install.ml
sh: camlp4o: command not found

camlp4o is hardcoded in Makefile.in, I wrote a patch that changes it into
camlp5o and now it compiles.

Is there a way to make it always use the latest camlp version available? Is it
intended, that there is no generic camlp Provides that a package could
require to get always the newest camlp?

Btw. is someone interested in co-maintaining wyrd? I would be nice if someone
could adjust the BuildRequires whenever they change because of changed ocaml
packages, like I did it now with camlp.

Regards,
Till