OCaml/ppc64

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Mar 1 15:01:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 13:47 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> David got it building in the end, and I've rebuilt all of the OCaml
> packages in Rawhide (again ... and on the same day that OCaml 3.10.2
> was released as well ...)
>
> They all build without error on ppc64 but that doesn't necessarily
> mean they will run.  Just building them exercises the bytecode
> interpreter (written in C) and if we're lucky ocamlc.opt and
> ocamlopt.opt and on a rare few packages some tests.  If someone can
> lay their hands on a ppc64 machine they can try them out.

Mail me a SSH public key, and/or tell me what to test.

All I've done this time is dust off the old patch I had for 3.09.3 and
make it build again. I haven't done any real work. So I still expect to
see that SEGV in freetennis which stopped me from shipping the patch
before. Although every other test case I could come up with was working
fine.

--
dwmw2