Package: ocaml-bisect-1.0-0.1.alpha.fc9 Tag: dist-f9 Status: failed Built by: ausil

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 16:55:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:44:38AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> we did a dumb queue of builds for sparc. ocaml needs porting to sparc64.

Is there a sparc64 machine with an account on it I can look at?

David Woodhouse did the ppc64 port of the OCaml native compiler.

In theory our packages should work even on architectures which don't
have a native compiler (it'll build just the bytecode versions of
everything), which is how Debian support all their architectures.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/OCaml#Bytecode-only_architectures

Whether this works in reality or not is not known, since there are no
primary architectures which don't have a native OCaml compiler ...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v