Sugar on Fedora 10 Alpha - how to I run it?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:11:08 UTC 2008

Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> Marco Pesenti Gritti escreveu:

>> | Hello,
>> |
>> | the packages we have currently in Fedora are only sort of
>> functional. We
>> | are going to release Sugar 0.82 this week and I really want to get it
>> | working well, both in Fedora 9 and rawhide. The big chunk of work will
>> | be to package activities... if someone on this list is interested to
>> | help packaging them, it would be a great help!
>> |
>> | Marco

>> Can i help with the  activities packages ??
>
> Sure you are welcome :)
>
>> How can i do that ?  One activity per package or one package with many
>> activities ?
>
> It will be a package per activity.
>
> These are the latest sources for the activities:
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Releases/Sucrose/0.82.0#Fructose_modules
>

> And here you can find the journal - an example of a packaged activity
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=58964

And here are the guidelines:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/SugarActivityGuidelines

A couple of things about them:

* For Fructose activities you don't need to get the source from git,
tarballs are available at the url Simon posted.
* Translation packaging is not explained in the guidelines, you can see
how it's done in the journal. Though I'd really like to figure out a
more automatic way to do it (perhaps we can add another macro to
sugar-toolkit to deal with it?)

I'd suggest to start from chat, log, calculate, terminal and pippy.
Those does not have dependencies issues.

If you want to join #sugar on freenode we can help you out with any
problem you run into (or feel free to use this mailing list if you prefer).

Cheers,
Marco