[Fwd: Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2301!]

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Aug 15 04:09:31 UTC 2008

I thought I'd pass along this global announcement which I just spammed
to the OLPC lists in case anyone over here is interested. (Also, do let
me know whether the denizens of this list would like to receive similar
announcements in the future.)

Regards,

Michael

--------------

We are thrilled to announce a new test build, joyride-2301, valid until
Wednesday, August 20.

Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

while we still have time to fix issues you might find!

Our specific interest this week has changed; this week, we'd love to
know:

   "How many ways can you crash or hang your XO?"

Currently known issues are recorded at:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_joyride-2301

New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
according to

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs

or by notifying us by other means.

Thanks!

Michael

P.S. - I was asked to include to specific notices in this email; first,
that

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_update

gives full details on the new Sugar Control Panel Activity Updater and
second, that we are hoping in future weeks to offer a new "Coordinated
Testing" volunteer opportunity as part of the run-up to the 8.2.0 raw OS
release. Poke me, Kim, Joe, Charlie, S Page, Seth, or Francesca for
details. Sneak preview:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.0