Sugar on Fedora 10 Alpha - how to I run it?

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sun Aug 24 22:05:35 UTC 2008

Marco,

I don't understand yet how, why, where, and when you're proposing to
change the installation patterns for activities, their translation data,
source code, etc, nor what effect your proposal may have on the ability
of OLPC to use the Fedora activity packaging guidelines to get itself
out of impending activity-related dependency hell.

Therefore, before committing your changes to Sugar, could you please
more fully explain the details of your proposal so everyone has the
opportunity to reflect on its impact? (Something PEP-ish or RFC-ish
would be most appreciated.)

Thanks very much,

Michael