[Fedora-olpc-list] Package branching policies and conventions

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:03:32 UTC 2008

Hello,
Can anyone guide me to some pointers on the general policy wrt package
branching when it comes to OLPC specific branches (eg: OLPC-2, OLPC-3)
?
I have a (pretty high priority) bug at
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7474, and fixing it requires patching
quite a few X related packages most of which are directly pulled in
from F-9. Do you think it is a good idea to create separate OLPC-3
branches for these packages, or do you think I should submit my
patches to the maintainers, and wait for them to update their F-9
packages ?
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--