[Fedora-olpc-list] Re: Looking for Testers: Sugar Appliance

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Wed Jul 30 03:28:03 UTC 2008

Well at least Terminal works in the new version.
Also networking wasn't working for me last time and still isn't.
I had to run chkconfig network on.
Chkconfig iptables off
Chkconfig ip6tables off
Have the browser working, but still can't see the neighborhood.
And you can't download anything with the browser either.

It looks like chat is still missing the locale directory.

On my box I have:
/home/jwilliam/Sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/share/sugar/activities/Chat.activ
ity
And it has a locale directory.
You have /usr/share/sugar/activities/Chat.activity but it doesn't have the
locale directory.

Also I have noticed the liveCD has /home/olpc and I know that Pacman has
that path hard coded in it, so it will only run if the home directory is
/home/olpc.

And it has /home/olpc/Activities and all of the activities including Chat
are in there.

When I look at the logs in /home/sugar/.sugar/default/logs

Looks like journal has an issue with a volume button.
/usr/share/sugar/activities/Journal.activity/volumestool.py line 123, in
__init__ volume.icon_color)

Hope this helps,
Jerry Williams