sugar spin and liveusb-creator

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Oct 11 13:37:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,

you may have already noticed, but we've got a Sugar spin based on Fedora
up here:

    http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/olpc/sugar-spin.iso

The image itself is already a few days old, and there will be a new one
soonish -- but I wanted to wait with a new release until we can get the
sugar-browse activity into Fedora and that way on the spin, since this
greatly improves the spin's usability.

But that's not the main reason for this post: Inspired by an idea from
Greg and thanks to help from Luke Macken, we've now a liveusb-creator
build for Windows with support for the Sugar spin available here:

    http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/olpc/liveusb-creator-3.0.zip

What does this mean? Well, you can now just run liveusb-creator on
Windows and get that way the latest Sugar spin on your USB key, from
which you can then boot (once your BIOS supports that).

If you try it out and have any feedback, please make sure to come up
with it.

--Sebastian