Re: Introduction of new member

Welcome, Pascal.

To expand on what David said, the little bit of news I posted on Facebook and to officially give you your first bit of info that might qualify as news...

Pre-orders for the F10 OLPC SD cards will start October 28 at On-Disk.com. I'll update the list with the URL and price once it's posted. As we get closer to the actual release of F10 and G1G1, I'll also have the cards listed at Amazon.com

Some selling points for the Fedora option on the XO...

1) for adults who may not find the Sugar environment practical for daily use, the Fedora 10 option allows the machine to behave in a more familiar way. 2) In this sense, the XO is on-par with an Asus Eee PC, except your purchase during the G1G1 promotion directly effects the lives of children. A social purchase rather than a corporate profit purchase.

~Karlie

David Farning wrote:

Fedora OLPC is actually two project for the price of one:) One side is running Fedora on the XO and the other is running Sugar on a stock Fedora systems.