Progress on a Fedora Spin...

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Sep 8 18:03:59 UTC 2008

...progress wherever you look...

We've done quite a big step forward in minimizing the size of a Fedora
Spin - thanks Jeremy! I've been creating spins over the day lately and
with the latest commit on livecd-tools, I'm more than happy that the
--instLangs argument for kickstart files does now work.

What does this mean? Well, we're able to reduce the size of the final
image heavily, so that we'll end up with more than 100 MB less of
/usr/share stuff on the spin.

Where are we now? I've been rebasing the spin to Rawhide (F10), which is
still not that stable now, but I think this will change more soon than
late. The latest image I built has a size of 323 MB (!) - excluding
claws-mail due to some dependency issues in Rawhide right now.
Apparently, there's still some cups and other stuff in there, so we
might still get lower...

I'm pretty excited and would really like to thank Jeremy for his work :)

--Sebastian