Work items: Fedora on XO testing plan

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 21:01:39 UTC 2008

So I've just concluded a meeting with James Laska to figure out the plan.
Here's what we've got so far, with owners.  Comments welcome.

Note: we hope to have some of these knocked out by next Tuesday, and the
remainder by next Friday.

1. (jlaska) We will identify a number of high-level testing tasks that
teams will take on.  Examples so far: camera support (does the new F10
webcam stuff work with the XO cam?), power management, wireless (weird
drivers upstream?), display/xrandr (does turning the XO sideways do
something crazy?).  There will be others, and we will share them when
we've got a first draft.

2. (jkatz?) We need bulletproof docs that allow our testers to
easily put the latest images onto their SD cards.

3. (gdk) Figure out and communicate exactly what spin we're using.  i.e.
GNOME.  :)

4. (jlaska) Identify the dates for testable release candidates, and sync
those as best as possible to anticipated F10 snapshot releases.

5. (gdk) Build a team structure on the wiki that is time-based, so that
testers can commit to a 4-hour block anytime during the week and join a
team that will work with them.  Also identify additional roles like
triagers and leaders which will entail broader responsibility, and recruit
specifically for those roles.

6. (gdk) Further qualify leads by other criteria: having an SD writer
(duh), having a second computer (for transferring images and communicating
on irc, etc.), understanding bugzilla, etc.

7. (jlaska) Identify and document workflow for Fedora-on-XO bugs (use
tracking bugs? how to verify "closed rawhide" bugs? etc.)

--g