rawhide builds

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:29:57 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

>   > What's the status of the rawhide builds? I haven't seen one for a
>   > while. It would be good to get one based on F11Beta as it would
>   > provide a good point for testing from.
>
> Yeah!  I'm interested in three things at the moment:
>
> * a standard live image for the beta with overlay, for USB and SD.
>
> * an "installed" image for the beta that can be flashed to NAND,
>  and avoids the live image overhead.  Sebastian's been working
>  on making images like this using ImageCreator.
>
> * an image with the OLPC kernel rather than the Fedora one, so
>  that people have a way to use suspend/resume with F11.  This
>  one is a little controversial, since our goal is to upstream
>  everything rather than rely on our custom kernel -- it's clear
>  that we aren't going to get suspend/resume upstream and back
>  in time for F11, though, so I'd like to try out an image like
>  this all the same.

I've been meaning to ask about that.... what's the current difference
between the standard Fedora kernel and the OLPC one. I've got a src
rpm of it but haven't had time yet to unpack and investigate. I know
of the dcon driver, and obv something that makes the suspend/resume
work. What's stopping these from being upsteamed? Even if in the case
of the dcon driver its in the staging area of the kernel? At a guess
there's also something for rainbow, but I have no idea what else there
would be.

> Help very welcome on any of these.  :)

Happy to help, let me know where I can be helpful :-)

Cheers,
Peter