Re: rawhide builds

Hi Peter,

   > I've been meaning to ask about that.... what's the current
   > difference between the standard Fedora kernel and the OLPC
   > one.

As far as I know, it's:

* open firmware interface (arch/x86/kernel/ofw.[ch])
* geode GPIO driver (used by DCON and suspend/resume)
* dcon driver (drivers/video/olpc_dcon.[ch])
* suspend/resume code (arch/x86/kernel/olpc_pm.*)

   > What's stopping these from being upsteamed?

Just the work of submitting them and responding to criticism, which is
hard to find time for; OLPC doesn't employ any kernel hackers at the
moment.  Going with staging first does sound like a decent idea.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb laptop org>