Re: Debugging booting problems with F9 on SD card...

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Sameer Verma wrote:

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin langhoff gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson gmail com> wrote:
What would it take to move the next XS Server release to either F10 or
F11 as F9 will be EOL as soon as F11 comes out in a month or so (one
month after F11 is out F9 will be EOL).

It's a bit of a recurring question. I am swamped with feature
development for a while. My hope is to port to F11 or even F12 when I
can. Help is welcome and Jerry is doing a lot of work on F10/11.

But qualifiying something as an XS release is a sizable workload t is
to do all the testing to ensure it is stable, installs/upgrades and
works as desired. It takes quite a bit of effort and gear. And I want
to limit how many Fedora releases I have to support. (My plan is to
transition to a stable RHEL/Centos asap, hence my F11/F12 targets.)

+1

Fedora releases are too fast a moving target. I personally use Ubuntu
LTS or Debian Stable for my servers for this very reason.

Choose CentOS. The workflow for managing development atop Centos and Fedora are essentially the same.

--g

--
Computer Science professors should be teaching open source.
Help make it happen.   Visit http://teachingopensource.org.