Help activity

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 01:10:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Fabian Affolter <fab at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> In the repos (the one at sugarlabs.org and dev.laptop.org) is Version 7
> of 'help' available but there is a new image (Version 10) mentioned on
> the wiki page [1].
>
> Where is the new source? Or is this just a mistake?
> BTW, does anybody know where the source tarball of help could be found?

That page http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_(activity) links to a newer
v10 version of the .xo file that OLPC's Sj uploaded on 2008-09-26.
You can install it on an XO, or unzip it.  As that page indicates, the
content comes from http://en.flossmanuals.net/XO and
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Sugar , somehow someone turns these into a
set of HTML pages and creates the Help activity (and you would hope,
also updates http://www.laptop.org/8.2.0/manual ).

What might be happening is people are updating the *content* on
Flossmanuals and somehow making new .xo bundles, but not always
updating git.  Or vice-versa (thrice-versa?).  It looks like
http://dev.laptop.org/git/activities/help and
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/help have changes up to v9 but not
v10.

To add to potential confusion, I think people have started updating
the content on Flossmanuals to reflect Sugar 0.84, but there's no
obvious "applies to release xx" in the pages.

The people who really know might be on library at lists.laptop.org

--
=S Page