F11 for the X01- shutdown

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:55:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM, James Cameron<quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Look James, it's ok, you can tell us now; where _did_ you get that XO from?
>
> Most recent unit is QUOZL E, which arrived last week from Adam Holt and
> John Wadlington at OLPC.  Reproduced now on three units, all of which
> were issued under the contributors programme.  Serial numbers and my
> labels are
>
> CSN75001153 QUOZL E C2
> CSN74800DFD QUOZL A C2
> CSN75000153 QUOZL 9 C2

I was joking but excellent that you've given us the SNs so I can poke
at the database on antitheft.laptop.org as soon as Reuben gets me
access there.

> olpc-update-query has not been successful on any of my units with this
> build, and all have developer keys and /ofw mounted.

Well, it _is_ successful in the sense that the server states the XO is
stolen, and it removes any lease the XO may have, and then shuts down.

> The previous version of olpc-update-query in build 802 does not generate
> this condition.

Correct. The old build was happy to ignore message saying "you're
stolen". Big chunks of the antitheft sw were not in place.

Now that they are, it'd arguably be a sane thing to skip certain
actions if the machine is devkey'd.

>> BTW, I can't check of the hash 'checks out' with what Bitfrost
>> expects, which would be nice to know. Can you test that for me?
>
> No idea, sorry.

No prob. Once I have access to antitheft.l.o I will try that out myself.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions