New F11 for the XO-1 build 5

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Aug 14 12:31:15 UTC 2009

yioryos wrote:

> [...]

okay.  waking too soon means you were woken by something
other than the RTC.  you can "cat /sys/power/wakeup-source"
to see what it was.

 > > hmm.  i think we need to step back a bit.
 > >
 > > let's ignore powerd for now -- please disable it with:
 > >    # initctl stop powerd
 > >
 > > then, let's get rid of spurious wakeups, by turning off
 > > most wakeup events:
 > >    # echo 0 >
 > > /sys/power/wakeup_events/all
 > >
 > > the lid, the power button, and the RTC alarm should still
 > > be
 > > capable of waking the system at this point.
 > >
 > > now run:
 > >    # rtcwake --utc -m mem -s 10
 > >

 > As JC reported, under these conditions the XO wakes up reliably.

excellent.  so rtcwake is reliable, except for the timezone issue.

thanks for your testing.  olpc-powerd-10-1.fc11 should be
available soon, which contains a workaround for the rtcwake
issue.  (you can try it sooner by simply adding "--utc" to each
of the rtcwake commandlines in the powerd script.)  and quozl and
i have brought the issue to the attention of the util-linux-ng
folks.  (it actually seems that the kernel might be treating the
daylight savings time field from the RTC a little too casually.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org