Meeting status tomorrow: unsure.

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:06:06 UTC 2009

>> Wicked! This is good work. Now i have a XO next on my list is booting
>> rawhide on SD.
>
> Well, now apparently the issues are as Marco describes them here:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.laptop.olpc.devel/22270/focus=22303
>
> * console completely screwed up, which makes debugging a pain.
> * jffs2 related kernel trace while booting, does not seem to break things.
> * Network related kernel panic at the end. Sometimes halt the system,
> sometimes it doesn't.
> * X does not start for some reason.
>
> So some issues are fixed, but others are cropping up now.

Some how managed to miss that thread entirely. But in todays rawhide
it lookgs like the mkliveinitrd is fixed (RHBZ 484496 as Marco filed).

I can't help but think the first and forth issues must be tied somehow
to X and the associated DRM/GEM changes that have gone into the
kernel. The XO X driver dev seems to trail somewhat. Do any of the RH
X devs such as ajax have an XO in their hands out of interest?

Peter