Fedora on XO - Lite

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed Jan 28 21:26:14 UTC 2009

Hi Sebastian,

   > So why am I writing this post? I've been continuing to produce
   > builds for this, and it turned out, that the most recent image is
   > just around 275 MB! Hey, that's pretty small, hu? ;)

Cool!  We are moving OLPC's builds towards being created with
livecd-tools on F11, so we should work together on these spins.

   > But there are also some problems: For example, it turned out that
   > with the F10 updates enabled, there was just some image flickering
   > and no chance to login to the desktop. I'm not yet completely sure,
   > what to suspect: At first, I had SELinux in mind, but disabling it
   > didn't change a lot (just some warnings went away). Now I'm
   > thinking about some X.org drivers, but well...

Yes, it's the Xorg driver, as reported by Marco in this thread:

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2009-January/022698.html

   > Nevertheless, feedback (for example on what else to remove) or
   > suggestions regarding the selected apps are greatly appreciated. :)

I'd love to see a similarly-trimmed-down GNOME spin.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>