[Sugar-devel] SoaS Meeting TODAY at 10.30 EDT

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:02:58 UTC 2009

I'm sorry I missed this.

Re deployments. I think (beyond Local Labs) we need to reflect on how
to create an ecosystem for providers to schools - deployers. We
absolutely need to be present ourselves at pilots (I hope to start one
or two in Paris), but that's only because we have lacked the feedback.
However, of course that doesn't scale. As we gain experience and deal
with the more serious issues (difficulty of exiting Activities, etc.),
we can work on how deployers or local Labs could return structured or
consolidated feedback.

SoaS is a key part of convincing a school to pilot Sugar; moving to
Sugar on anything else is in my view most likely a second step.

Sebastian - When I can I will look over the SoaS v2 features wiki page
(I will be travelling again over the next couple of days). I'm
wondering if a simpler (i.e. more teacher-friendly) method than
installing and configuring a school server can be found to back up
Learners' Journals from sticks, since it is 100% guaranteed that
sticks will be damaged or lost in a school setting. Perhaps a
designated PC with multiple USB ports (breakout hub), which could
extract Journals with a script, by Learner name?

Sean