[Sugar-devel] Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Jul 28 17:55:37 UTC 2009

martin wrote:
 > On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 09:58:49PM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
 > > 4) Paul Fox's new power scripts were working reasonably well, smooth
 > > screen dimming, sleep, shutdown tweaks, lid close. But much too
 > > intensive for most use; when otherwise idling it would usually dim, then
 > > wake, them dim, then wake (maybe wireless activity?).
 >
 > Interesting - I hadn't seen this wake -> dim -> wake cycling, even
 > when connected to jabber.sugarlabs.org.  Perhaps this is an old issue
 > now addressed (cross fingers).

powerd will definitely cause this -- it's almost certainly
correlated with wake-on-wlan.  (i've just been sitting in a
meeting, with an IRC client running, watching this effect.)  i've
fixed it so the screen no longer undims on a wlan wakeup, and
it's much less jarring, visually.  it'll be in the next release.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org