Record quickly vanishes on new F11-for-XO1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Jul 28 18:40:59 UTC 2009

FYI.  I'm not asking for help.  Am sharing information in case
anyone else encounters a similar situation.

I'm running http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/f11-xo1/os2, updated with
'yum upgrade'.  On other F11 builds I'm used to 'Record' coming up
without the "Video" tab - but this time 'Record' launched, drew its
screen output for a very brief instant, then vanished.

The interesting lines in the log are:
| The program 'sugar-activity' received an X Window System error.
| This probably reflects a bug in the program.
| The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
|   (Details: serial 54 error_code 11 request_code 131 minor_code 19)

mikus