livecd-iso-to-xo for XO-1.5

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jun 4 20:23:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > which begs another question: if we're already customizing fedora,
   > how much are we going to allow ourselves to customize it?  e.g.,
   > could we simply remove plymouth, and install bootanim, if that
   > makes sense?

We certainly could.  I think plymouth may be more robust than either
bootanim implementation, and the plymouth authors have prototyped an
olpc theme for us, so it seems worth giving that a serious look rather
than planning to maintain bootanim on our own.  (Plymouth also allows
prettier graphics, in case we decide we'd like a smooth animation.)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>