20090304 daily build

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Mar 5 04:14:18 UTC 2009

On 5 Mar 2009, at 03:30, Chris Ball wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
>> Yea it's now booting into gdm, but going back to console, and back
>> to gdm, and back to console, and... If you're quick you can just
>> about catch a dialogue and get it into a GNOME desktop, but I
>> haven't made it into a Sugar desktop yet as I can't see the session
>> manager pop-up).
>
> There's a fixed gdm built now:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/gdm/2.25.2/10.fc11/i586/gdm-2.25.2-10.fc11.i586.rpm
>
> All of these fixes should be in tomorrow's image.

Thanks, I did apply the rpm and can now smoothly get to GNOME desktop,
but no luck with picking Sugar for the session. I see the session pop-
up menu briefly appear in the bottom tray after I click to login as
liveuser, and then it's gone (I was hoping to find a way to change the
default desktop session from within GNOME desktop, but my google
skills failed me this time).

I'll wait for tomorrows new image and give it a clean try, I've could
have messed something up.

--Gary