Blocker - rpm fails to install files

Scott Douglass scott at swdouglass.com
Sun Mar 8 03:26:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 21:33 -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> Just tried to fetch a file from the network.  No 'wget' in system.
>
> There are a number of packages I add to each newly installed build,
> including the rpm which gives me 'wget'.  In 20090307 my "rpm apply"
> shows such rpms being installed o.k. -- but the *files* from within
> the rpm packages never get installed in their target directories.
>
> This exact same procedure worked correctly for me with 20090306.img.
>
> mikus

Mikus,

I just had this happen to me now! So something that was updated in
rawhide in the past 24 hours has in fact broken things pretty severely.
In my case, the latest update for yum itself appears to be installed,
but isn't! I force updated to the same RPM and the same thing happens,
RPM installs, but files are not put in place.

Arrrgh.. The joy of rawhide.