wired & wired

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Mar 22 13:58:22 UTC 2009

>> the only clue I had was seeing *two* 'wired' icons in the Frame.
>
> Hi Mikus,
> what do you think that should appear there instead?

In my opinion, no software changes are needed - what was there
worked as it ought to.  [I don't know how to explain this, but what
might be useful is to re-educate the *user* to recognize a 'wired'
icon as representing a __connection__ instead of __connectivity__.]

----

Now, if someone has too much time on their hands (ha ha), I've
noticed that a 'disconnect' entry is present in the drop-down
palette for 'wireless' icons, but not for 'wired' icons.

But there is work (on connectivity indicators) that is much more
useful, but currently appears to be incomplete.  For instance, in my
experience with rawhide-xo images, the Frame is showing a gray
circle where it should be showing a functional 'wireless' icon.

mikus