JFFS2 compression type 7

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Mar 23 15:03:27 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 Scott Douglass <scott at swdouglass.com>:
> I did enable multiple types of compression for JFFS2 however, including LZO.
> Could the type of compression be changed on an already created JFFS2 system,
> at run time by the kernel modules?

More or less, yes. It's not quite like that. JFFS2 supports multiple
compression schemes concurrently on a filesystem. Some files will be
uncompressed, some will be compressed using algorithm X, and some
according to algorithm Y. You need to aim for consistency between the
options used for mkfs.jffs2, the algorithms that are enabled in the
kernels that you want to use, and the algorithms supported by OFW.

Daniel