fedora-xo 20090510 does not start X server

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon May 11 01:13:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > I'm curious about how you managed to get that far -- on an XO
   > here, the 20090510.img prints "mount: unknown filesystem type
   > 'jffs2'" and doesn't progress further.  Does it not do the same
   > for you?

Oh, I see, it's some kind of race; a subsequent boot worked okay.

I think there are several bugs here:

* We get "mount: unknown filesystem type 'jffs2'" sporadically when
  booting, even though jffs2.ko is obviously in the initrd (since
  other boot attempts succeed).  I'm not sure which BZ component to
  file initrd bugs against.

* The already filed X bug.  (BZ #500086)

* When boot does progress, haldaemon sometimes fails to start, with a
  kernel protection fault in dmesg.  (Filed against kernel as BZ
  #500096.)

* Even when haldaemon does start, X doesn't seem to find any pointer
  devices.  Hard to find out more about this while X is segfaulting;
  I guess it's possible that the segfault is related..

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>