fedora-xo 20090510 does not start X server

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon May 11 03:56:14 UTC 2009

> * Even when haldaemon does start, X doesn't seem to find any pointer
>   devices.  Hard to find out more about this while X is segfaulting;
>   I guess it's possible that the segfault is related..

Compared /etc/X11/xorg.conf in rawhide-xo 20090426 (X ok on boot)
with that same file in rawhide-xo 20090510 (X fails on boot).
The contents of that file are identical in the two builds.

Also compared /var/log/Xorg._.log in rawhide-xo 20090510 (for which
I wrote BZ 500086) against the equivalent file in rawhide-xo
20090426 (on which X worked) -- BOTH log files had the line:  "(II)
Cannot locate a core pointer device."  Yet in 20090426, for both
Sugar and Gnome, the XO-1 touchpad (and also an external USB mouse)
work fine -- making me think that this informational line in the
xorg.log is not significant.

mikus