OLPC's XO-1.5 software plan.

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:09:52 UTC 2009

>> Also for the initrd, is dracut of use in that regard? [1][2]
>
> We discussed this already, and agreed in principle that it would be a
> good target for upstreaming OLPC's antitheft stuff... but Chris was
> loosely under the belief that dracut isn't being developed further. Is
> that correct?

Incorrect :) It will be used for the initrd, or is at least proposed
at this point, Fedora 12. See the fedoraproject page I linked above.
As a result will no doubt see massive development by the RedHat Fedora
devs over the coming months as a result, so might be the perfect
timing from the OLPC perspective as I know its had some testing on F11
and as some have plans for it to be the kernel initrd across all
distros it could be a worthwhile dev target as it would be upstream
moving forward and hence be less maintenance going forward.

Peter