Daily builds are no longer livecd images

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon May 25 19:36:25 UTC 2009

> Starting with today's 20090525 build, the images are no longer livecd
> images, so changes will persist across reboots.
> http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/rawhide-xo/20090525/
>
> Thanks to Sebastian for the script to make installed images!

Chris, I'm not sure what this post is telling me.

I visually compared the 20090525 subdirectory with the 20050519
subdirectory - they both contain the same number of files (of
comparable size).  And when I used 'copy-nand' to install the
20090525.img file, my XO-1's nand contents did not seem organized
any different from when I installed 20090519.img.

What does "no longer livecd images" mean ?

[Having now tried 20090525, I see that directory '/home/liveuser'
has now reverted to '/home/user'.  Oh well - I'll just change all my
customization scripts back to updating '/home/user'.]

Thanks,  mikus

p.s.  On my Ubuntu 9.04 system, I'm unable to run the
'livecd-iso-to-xo' script (mounting the squashfs fails).
Could you perhaps ask Sebastian to get together with the Soas2 folks
  - they currently release only a .iso file, which I could only
install to an USB stick (where changes didn't persist).  It would be
useful to me to be able to install Soas2 builds onto XO-1 nand, and
be able to reboot and have changes persist from the previous time.